2016 In Season Silk Sewing Competition
**COMPETITION NOW CLOSED – Winners announcement here**
Remember Gridlock and Jaywalk? Well, it’s been a long time between sewing competitions so we’ve decided to do it all again in our 2016 In Season Silk Competition. The number one rule of this competition is to make whatever YOU like! Choose either fabric and sew something that you’d like to wear, something that suits the fabric and something that suits you. And because options are a beautiful thing, we’re giving you TWO fabrics to choose from. For the competition duration, both silk crepe de chines – In Season One and In Season Two – have been reduced to just $15 per metre.
won’t be able to reorder.
As entries are received, we’ll upload them all on to our competition Pinterest board so be sure to follow us to keep up-to-date. The
competition is open to one and all, local and international, and our favourite entry will win AUD$1000 or foreign currency equivalent. Second and third prizes are a $500 and $250 Tessuti gift voucher respectively.
Please note that the following terms and conditions apply to enter the In Season Silk Competition:
- Enter as many garments as you like.
- If you’d like to use a contrast/complementing fabric in your design,
this must comprise no more than 20% of your final garment. Additional
fabrics do not need to be purchased from Tessuti Fabrics.
- It is a condition of entry that the garment, images and any
associated materials be permitted for promoting Tessuti and the images
may be supplied to media for promotion.
- The winning entrant gives permission for Tessuti to use images of
themselves and the winning garment on the Tessuti website, blog and
other promotional opportunities if required.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If the winner is an entrant outside of Australia, money will be
awarded at the current exchange rate equivalent to the AUD1000 prize
relevant to the prize-winner’s currency of residence.
Photo guidelines are as follows so please ensure you include:
• at least one photo of your garment/s in the design/development stage
• at least one photo of the close up details of your design
• at least one photo of the stitching/construction inside the garment.
• only portrait photos (not landscape) as this will show your garment at its best
• crop the photos to 500 pixels wide, 750 pixels high.
• submit photos that show off your creation, at least one front, side and rear photo.
• photograph the outfit being worn on a real person! (ie not a dressmaker’s form).
• have a photo or two of the dress under construction.
• have a photo or two of close ups of the garment/s, to show features and the quality of the construction.
• take the photos in natural light
If you’re uploading your entry to Instagram, don’t forget to use the #inseasonsilkcomp hashtag.