Knots & Crosses Sewing Competition
Today we’re launching our 2020 sewing competition – Knots and Crosses. This year we’ve sourced some incredible fabrics including two broderie anglaise designs, available in four complimentary colours.
The competition fabric composition is 75% cotton and 25% linen, making it versatile for a whole fabulous range of possible garments. And for the competition duration it’s available at the special price of $15 per metre.
In line with our previous competitions, we’re keeping the entry guidelines simple. All we want you to do is sew whatever you want. Think of a style or design that you (or someone you know and love to sew for) might want to wear. Something that complements the fabric, in an existing pattern or an original design, using one or two or a combination of any/all of the competition fabrics.
As entries are received, we’ll upload images to our competition Pinterest board. For some early inspiration, we’ve started things off by pinning some garments made up in similar fabrics
First Prize is AUD1000 cash and Second and Third places will respectively win a $500 and $250 Tessuti gift voucher. Winning prizes are all quoted in Australian dollars and the competition is open to both local and international entrants.
Entries close midnight AEST Tuesday 14th April 2020.
Please note that the following Terms and Conditions apply to enter our competition:
- Enter as many garments as you like.
- The submitted garment outer fabric must be made entirely in the competition fabric. Unless made from the competition fabric, no trims or embellishments (e.g. embroidery, beading, smocking etc.) are allowed and you cannot dye the fabric. Regular closures such as zips and buttons are permitted.
- Lining fabric is permitted and may be purchased elsewhere.
- It is a condition of entry that the garment, images and any associated materials be permitted for promoting Tessuti and the images may be supplied to media for promotion.
- The winning entrant gives permission for Tessuti to use images of themselves and the winning garment on the Tessuti website, blog and other promotional opportunities if required.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If the winner is an entrant outside of Australia, money will be awarded at the current exchange rate equivalent to the AUD1000 prize relevant to the prize-winner’s currency of residence.
Make your garment/s, take up to ten great photos, email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject heading: Knots and Crosses Sewing Competition) and we’ll upload them to our Pinterest competition board.
Photo guidelines are as follows so please ensure you include:
• at least one photo of your garment/s in the design/development stage
• at least one photo of the close up details of your design
• at least one photo of the stitching/construction inside the garment.
• crop the photos to 500 pixels wide and 750 pixels high.
• submit photos that show off your creation at its best. As an example, please include at least one front, side and rear photo.
• photograph the outfit being worn on an actual person – not a dressmaker’s form or coat hanger.
• have a photo or two of the dress under construction.
• have a close-up photo or two of the garment/s to show features and quality of construction.
• take clear photos in good, natural light. Blurry, dark photos will never do your garment justice!
And finally, if you’re sharing an entry on Instagram please don’t forget to use the #tessutiknotsandcrosses hashtag.
Happy sewing and if you have any questions, please email us email@example.com or leave a comment below.