Cut Out Lace Sewing Competition
**COMPETITION NOW CLOSED – Winners announcement here**
We’re really, truly excited to be launching our Cut Out Lace Competition! All you have to do is create an outfit that showcases any one of the three gorgeous competition laces and you’ll be in with a chance to win some pretty excellent prizes.
|Cut Out Ivory Panel Lace|
|Cut Out Ebony Panel Lace|
|Cut Out Flame Panel Lace|
Dress, jumpsuit, two piece, original design, commercial pattern, mash up…make whatever YOU like! You
must use the same colour lace throughout the garment/outfit and the outer fabric must be made entirely from the competition fabric.
Available in black, ivory or red, the cotton/polyamide lace is sold in panel pieces measuring 1.18m x 104cm wide. For the duration of the competition, we’ve reduced the price to just $20 per panel (normally $45 per panel). This fantastic price is available to
anyone and everyone so if you’re planning on entering, note that fabric stocks are limited and once sold out, that’s it. Remember, one of the fabrics in our last competition sold out in less than a week so be quick!
As entries are received, we’ll upload them to our competition Pinterest board. We’ve already pinned some inspiration pics over there so do check it out.
First prize is a whopping $1000 cash. Second and third prizes will respectively win a $500 and $250 Tessuti gift voucher. The winning prizes are all quoted in Australian dollars and competition is open to both local and international entrants.
Entries close 11:59pm AEST Sat 24th September which gives you eight weeks to get sewing!
Please note that the following Terms and Conditions apply to enter our Cut Out Lace Competition:
- Enter as many garments as you like.
- The submitted garment outer fabric must be made entirely in one colour of the competition lace. Lining fabric is permitted and may be purchased elsewhere. No trims or embellishments are allowed and you cannot dye the fabric.
- It is a condition of entry that the garment, images and any
associated materials be permitted for promoting Tessuti and the images
may be supplied to media for promotion.
- The winning entrant gives permission for Tessuti to use images of
themselves and the winning garment on the Tessuti website, blog and
other promotional opportunities if required.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If the winner is an entrant outside of Australia, money will be
awarded at the current exchange rate equivalent to the AUD1000 prize
relevant to the prize-winner’s currency of residence.
Photo guidelines are as follows so please ensure you include:
• at least one photo of your garment/s in the design/development stage
• at least one photo of the close up details of your design
• at least one photo of the stitching/construction inside the garment.
• only portrait photos (not landscape) as this will show your garment at its best
• crop the photos to 500 pixels wide, 750 pixels high.
• submit photos that show off your creation, at least one front, side and rear photo.
• photograph the outfit being worn on a real person – not a dressmaker’s form or coat hanger!
• have a photo or two of the dress under construction.
• have a photo or two of close ups of the garment/s, to show features and the quality of the construction.
• take clear photos in natural light. Blurry photos will never, ever do your garment justice!
Finally, if you’re sharing an entry on Instagram please don’t forget to use the #tessuticutoutlacecomp hashtag so we can all see your make!
Happy designing, creating and making! And good luck! x